SteelTrak™ Vertical Multi-Substrate Cutter
Developed specifically for the tougher and thicker rigid and semi-rigid substrates used in today's sign making market, the heavy-duty SteelTraK handles oversized materials with ease. With a cut length option of 65", 82" or 98", it is the longest, most accurate and easy-to-use manual vertical cutter available.
One Step: SteelTraK Straight to Printer
The SteelTraK casts no debris, which means it, can be positioned right next to your printing machines without fear of airborne dust damaging the project or resulting in do-overs. Built in to your production line (wall-mounted to save space, or using an optional freestanding kit), the SteelTraK is a guaranteed time and money saver.
The rear spine of the SteelTraK is fitted with a counterbalance that allows users to put the head in any position without it dropping to the bottom of the machine. The cumbersome process involved with other vertical cutters – of lifting up the head, applying the brake, and screwing it in place while simultaneously loading the material – is eliminated. The counterbalance eliminates the load from the cutting head, and because operators aren't lifting the full weight of the head, they can concentrate solely on cutting the material. The end result: time savings and productivity gains.
A robust frame that includes extruded aluminum back beams offers support for sheets of all sizes and prevents offcuts (including flexible materials) from falling through the frame.
Perfect for Cutting Up to 1/2":
- Acrylic (up to 1/4", scoring & snapping)**
- Aluminum (.040")*
- Aluminum composite (up to 4mm)
- Corrugated plastic (up to 1/2")
- Foam Board (up to 1/")
- Flexible polycarbonate (up to 3mm)
- Glass (up to 1/4", scoring & snapping) *
- MDF (up to 3mm)
- PVC board (up to 1/2")**
- Honeycomb Board
*With optional aluminum and glass cutting tools
**Some restrictions may apply to Acrylic, Glass and PVC materials on the 98" model. Please contact Splash of Color for more information
All New for 2014... The 98" SteelTraK Cutter
This strong, reliable vertical cutter handles FULL SIZE 4'x8' boards.
Added features of the new 98" SteekTraK include:
- Vertical cutting length of 98" (250cm)
- The Main Body encloses a balance weight system so that the Cutting Head can be suspended at any height.
- Change blades in an instant, and no need to lift the heavy duty Cutting Head.
- Easy operation for cutting 98" media using the Pull Bar system.
Make your SteelTraK even more versatile
Manufactured from hardened high-carbon tool steel, the optional V-Groove cutting tool is perfect for making trays, trade show display stands and light boxes at a fraction of the cost and in a fraction of the time required by larger equipment. The V-Groove device cuts a "v" out of the back of the material - for instance, in aluminum composite - through one section of aluminum and through the plastic core, enabling the material to be folded to 90°. Using the V-Groove cutting tool, you can:
- Fold aluminum composite, PVC board and corrugated plastic
- Cut smoothly and silently without debris, noise or burred edges
- Remove exactly the correct amount from one side of the sheet material
Telescopic legs adjust for height & minimum fatigue
Optional Free Standing Kit available
5 year general warranty
20 year warranty on bearings
100% Manufactured in the UK
- Wall mount kit
- Medium-duty utility blades (100)
- Acrylic scorning blade
- Composite twin-wheel cutting tool